Trek Bicycle Store Vision Statement
To improve the quality of life in Cincinnati - one bicycle at a time.
Customer Focused, Passion for Excellence, Living Integrity, Team Work, Ongoing Relationships
Main Purpose of this Job:
The Service Manager provides leadership and competency in all areas of bicycle service and sales at the store. This position works closely with the Sales Manager in directing the performance of sales and service staff the store.
Primary Resposibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist customers and provide exceptional customer service; educate customers about bicycles, bicycle accessories and clothing, and any other cycling-related products or services in the store.
- Supervise mechanics, technicians, and bicycle assemblers; schedule work appropriately for these tech positions and ensure that assignments are completed accurately and on time.
- Be involved in hiring and training/mentoring of new service center employees.
- Address any customer service and warranty issues.
- Write work orders based on on-the-spot analysis; provide customers with accurate cost estimate quotes and maintenance suggestions.
- Educate tech staff regarding company policy, programs and standards.
- Monitor productivity and performance of tech staff.
- Plan and/or lead special events or workshops in your tech center, for customers as well as for staff.
- Manage service inventory under the supervision of store management.
- Organize supplies and product within the tech center to promote a clean and efficient work environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to your staff, your peers, your supervisors and the mission and values of the Trek Bicycle Stores of Cincinnati.
The Service Manager position is a full time position; you will work 40 hours per week, and you should have the ability to work evenings and weekends.
- 3+ years of bicycle retail experience.
- Prior experience supervising others.
- High level of organizational ability, strong attention to detail with an emphasis on quality is essential.
- Should be passionate about bicycles and promoting the benefits of a cycling lifestyle and culture.
- Enthusiastically embraces the concept of serving the customer and providing an exceptional retail experience.
- Is capable of safely lifting and carrying 25lbs on a regular basis.
- Is intrinsically motivated, positive, and friendly; able to work both independently and as a member of a team; and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
Bicycle Mechanic Skills
Highly skilled in diagnosing and fixing all types of repair issues on all types of bicycles including, but not limited to:
- Bottom bracket install and overhauls
- Brake install and adjustment including mechanical and hydraulic disc brakes
- Cassette and freewheel install
- Derailleur install and adjustment
- Suspension fork tuning and overhaul
- Wheel building and truing expert
Other benefits of working with us:
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Employee Discounts
- Health Insurance Benefits
- Paid time off
Is this you?
If this sounds like you, then apply for the Service Manager position today!